Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pre-marketing Romancing the Million $$$ Ghost: Setting up the cover reveal



First of all, it's Father's Day today so Happy Father's Day to all you guys out there that fathered babies and stepped up to the plate to raise them!

The book's publishing plan and marketing campaign is moving along swiftly I'm so happy to report.  I've already thought ahead to how I want to market this and of course the first thing that popped into my head was doing a virtual book tour and not only that but making it one of the longest virtual book tours in history.  Sure it's going to be a lot of work but I think I can do it.

Why so long?  Here's my theory and it's really easy to figure out.  In our case, it'll be ebook at first and of course we're going to be solely promoting online.  The best strategy to use when your book is solely online is to promote online, right? When your book first comes out, actually way before your book comes out, you need to come up with a game plan.  Most authors who have never embarked on a virtual book tour are still out there finding bloggers willing to interview them or review their book, etc.  With a virtual book tour, it's all organized.  You take out a sheet of paper, a document, a notebook, whatever you want, and note which months you want your book promoted.  At this point, we're doing a month long cover reveal in September and beginning the blog tour the first week of October and running it until the end of March unless we decide to go further.  That's the perks of being a book promoter, a self-publisher (woot!) and access to over 500 bloggers.

On that same piece of paper, I put the name of the event at the top and the month.  I have separate pieces of paper for each month.  Then a line gets drawn down the left side and across the page for as many dates there are in the month.  Then, I start filling in.  I used to do this on a doc but I found it too cumbersome to keep having to pull the doc up so I bought some hard paper at Walmart (what they use for photos) and I'm set.  It's only about $5 a bundle and lasts forever (I use them for my clients as well).  I opt for hard paper because they are easier to handle.

So I have a game plan going for the cover reveal and the blog tour right in front of me.  When I find a new host (blogger), I add them in the slot we have both agreed on.

What I am finding great is a new program (or at least new for me) called SignUpGenius.  You can find out all about it at www.signupgenius.com.  I have already set up a call for bloggers for the cover reveal at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040845ADA72EA20-romancing.  If you'd like to sign up, go right ahead we'd love to have you!  Not all bloggers are listed there as I started early finding stops for this which was before I found SignUpGenius.  You can see who I have lined up so far at http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2013/06/15/cover-reveal-pump-up-your-book-presents-romancing-the-million-ghost-cover-reveal-win-ghostie-swag/.

So I have that all in place and I just wait for bloggers to email me (having a huge email list is priceless).

The next thing I did was make a countdown widget at http://www.widgetbox.com.  I can't remember how much this costs but we opted for the premium plan.

Why I want this is so that I can enlist bloggers to post this in their sidebar.  It looks like this:


Cool, eh?

Here's the code if you'd like to post it in your sidebar to help us spread the word about the cover reveal coming up:


<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertWidget.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">if (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('c12f9645-816f-489d-9b93-ff24e831d120');</script>
<noscript>Get the <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/i/c12f9645-816f-489d-9b93-ff24e831d120">Countdown Creator Pro</a> widget and many other <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/">great free widgets</a> at <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com">Widgetbox</a>! Not seeing a widget? (<a href="http://support.widgetbox.com/">More info</a>)</noscript>

Bloggers have already starting adding it to their blogs (THANK YOU).  When I get an email from SignUpGenius that a new blogger has requested to join the cover reveal campaign, I email them back thanking them profusely and giving them the option to post this in their sidebar.

The next step is to get the word out about the cover reveal.  No one really knows what it'll take to bring awareness of your book and then have it sell, but the secret is to get your book noticed on as many blogs and websites as you can and don't forget the social networks.

I'll be talking about setting up the blog tour in a future post, but this gives you an idea of how we're going to promote this book and we'll see if it makes a difference in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment