So, I asked and here were two responses which really helped:
"ISBN ownership classically was a way of tracking who the publisher of a
work was. That's no longer the case, and has never had any legal
standing.
Your publishing company gets listed regardless whether you have an ISBN
or not, for ebooks at all major retailers. Just enter your company name
under "publisher" when filling out the book form.
For *Createspace* books, if you opt to use their free ISBN, Createspace
gets listed as published. But that's print, and it's different; in
general, I consider paying the $10 for a Createspace-assigned ISBN
(which associates my publishing company with our books) to be the
minimum solution. I don't recommend free ISBNs for print.
"Dorothy, electronic-only (eBook) Amazon Kindle does not use ISBNs. If
you already have one they accept it when you upload the book to their
site. Whatever name you enter into the "Publisher" field...is the
publisher. This does not change.
For print books, Kevin covered the ISBN question in his "Createspace" post."
I'm
wondering if when you have an ebook, and then you go to paperback, that's when the ISBN thing applies?

No comments:
Post a Comment